PowerOptions Marketing Coordinator
PowerOptions is the largest energy buying consortium in New England, with more than 400 members across Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. The Marketing Coordinator will join a tight-knit staff of 10 and support the organization’s marketing efforts, as PowerOptions seeks to expand its business and retain existing customers. PowerOptions recognizes the importance of marketing and embraces creative and new ways to reach customers. It is an exciting time for PowerOptions and an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated, tech-savvy individual. The Marketing Coordinator reports to and works with the Vice President of Marketing and Communication on an overall marketing strategy for the organization.
Specific duties of this position include:
- Website: Post updates to PowerOptions’ website in WordPress, including blog articles, news releases, photos, videos. Create web analytic reports.
- Database: Manage PowerOptions’ Salesforce database. This includes becoming the resident expert on making design changes to ensure the database works efficiently and effectively for the organization. Ensure that staff are updating information appropriately, maintain lists of customer contact and contract information, make updates as needed, create reports for segmentation of customer information.
- Customer Engagement and Outreach: Act as point of contact for a small number of PowerOptions’ nonprofit member organizations, to build customer relationships and learn how PowerOptions can better meet their needs.
- Webinars: become proficient in the GoToWebinar platform to run webinars and other customer group meetings.
- Print and Design: Maintain logo files, support efforts of graphic designer, oversee production of materials.
- Mailings: Create mail lists, merge documents for labels and letters, oversee fulfillment houses and assemble mailings as needed.
- Event Planning:Oversee invitations and registrations, assist with logistics, format presentations and prepare materials for meeting attendees.
- Trade Shows:Maintain trade show calendar and identify sponsorship and advertising opportunities, coordinate production of materials and maintain inventory of supplies, staff trade shows as needed.
- Content Creation:Contribute to newsletter, draft communications and articles.
- Social media: Identify social media opportunities, prepare reports on social media analytics, and update Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Computer skills in word processing, database management, photoshop, graphic design and/or web design. Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Strong creative, analytical, organizational and personal skills.
- An enthusiasm for working with customers and for excellent customer service.
- Database management experience.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience with social media.
- At least 2 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations.
- Interest in energy preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field preferred.
PowerOptions is an equal opportunity employer and provides generous benefits including health, dental and life insurance, 401K plan, vacation and sick time. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org