PowerOptions 2015 Annual Meeting
Infrastructure: Building our Energy Future
The region and the Commonwealth are at a crossroad in our energy planning. The decisions made today will affect prices, reliability and the environment for decades. The speaker line-up for our annual meeting are the people who are shaping and influencing those decisions. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear from these thought leaders. The future of your organization’s energy costs will be directly affected in the not-so-distant future!
- Keynote address by Cheryl A. LaFleur, Commissioner of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and former CEO of National Grid.
- A debate about the generation fleet of the future as the region looks for options in large-scale renewables and the corresponding transmission infrastructure.
- Debate around pipeline expansion: Do we need any more, how much do we need, who should pay for it and are LNG and low-cost oil adequate near-term solutions until the cleaner alternatives are in place?
- A special session, “Sustainability Tool Box,” with tools and ideas to be on a solid path toward greening your electricity supply and reducing your institution’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- A solar update: The legislature failed to lift the cap on net metering credit arrangements—is this the death knell for solar?
- The meeting will also feature special giveaways, only for members in attendance.