- Competitive prices
- Protections from increased costs
- Options and flexibility to match any strategy
PowerOptions Natural Gas gives nonprofits and public entities unbeatable flexibility in pricing and usage, especially important in today’s inflated energy markets. With an option to match every strategy and risk tolerance, members can customize their supply or simply choose a fixed, all-in price. In every option, you get the assurance of PowerOptions’ competitive price and industry-leading protections.
PowerOptions Natural Gas seamlessly integrates into strategies of dual-fuel, combined heat and power or other alternative sources. There are no bandwidth restrictions or penalties for changes in use, better allowing for efficiency and flexible fuel usage. And members choose from a greater list of pricing options.
Every PowerOptions energy supply program begins with a rigorous competitive solicitation. We distribute an RFP, meet with major suppliers in the region and leverage the buying power of our 500 members to negotiate best-in-market supply offerings. With more than $200 million in annual energy purchases, the consortium is very attractive. Suppliers aggressively pursue our business, which gives us an advantage.
Supplied by Direct Energy Business, one of the nation’s leading energy suppliers, members have choices like never before. Direct Energy is one of North America’s largest integrated providers of electricity in competitive markets. With over five million customer relationships, Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc, a global Fortune 500 company and one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 20 states in the United States and 10 provinces in Canada.
Pricing options for every risk tolerance:
- Full requirements. Fixed, all-in. Set it, forget it and budget with certainty.
- Index pricing, for larger members with daily meters and internal management resources.
- Layering portfolio option for the commodity portion of supply allows members to hedge NYMEX.
- Swing pricing options, a discount for members that can operate within specific usage patterns.
- Natural Gas Recall Incentive pays dual-fuel members to use alternative fuels.
- Each member’s price is specific to them, based on time, usage and location.
- Lock in for any time periods out to November 2019.